don't postpone joy

Saturday, March 01, 2008

fast asleep until I finally awoke

So, a couple weeks ago, my dad asked me to sum up my life story in 6 words.

Several years ago, my dad was out of work, and out of unemployment, and not old enough for social security. I got another job, and paid his bills, to the best of my ability, for about a year. At that time, my brother told him to go on ss so that I could have a life, and my dad did. When my grandmother died, my dad said that he was going to pay me back. Of course I told him that he had no debt with me, but he insisted. Secretly, I was thrilled, because I would use that money to go to Peru with this crazy writer guy who I heard about.
Today I got a check in the mail for less than half the expected amount. (hello back burner, Iquitos) and this note:
Dear Daisy
I am now trying to remember how to write a Letter. This is some thank you for helping me out. So have you been able to write your life story in Six words? If we haven't talk (sic) about it yet here is mine.
Two wounderfull (sic) Children
They complete me.
and some other stuff that he had to say, blah blah blah

Love
Dad

When I was a little girl, I wanted to marry my daddy, sooooooooooooooooooooo bad. I still love him that much. Please pass the Kleenex

1 Comments:

At 01 March, 2008 17:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A life in 6 words! Sounds like he's had a good one. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home